Wisconsin Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
The Wisconsin Association of Colleges for Teacher Education (WACTE) is a professional organization composed of Wisconsin institutions that prepare students for initial teacher licensure. Our teacher preparation programs offer diversity in size, focus and delivery, but are all designed to prepare quality teachers for Wisconsin’s schools. WACTE is an affiliate of the American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education (AACTE).
Our mission is to provide leadership in the preparation of highly qualified professional educators. WACTE is committed to the education of career teachers whose work in classrooms in Wisconsin, the nation, and the world will result in robust student learning. To that end, the organization facilitates deep consideration of issues related to teacher effectiveness and student learning and collaborates with organizations and agencies to promote research-based standards and policies for professional educator development
The Association commits to:
- Provide opportunities for diverse students to access higher education and enter the teaching profession as outstanding professionals.
- Assure the application of high standards and multiple criteria in evaluating the teaching effectiveness of our graduates.
- Expect excellence in our candidates and in the learning achievement of their students.
- Collaborate with PK-12 schools to develop curriculum , pedagogy, and assessments that will maximize student learning.
- Engage in effective communication with stakeholders about issues related to teacher education and development.
- Develop valid and reliable performance evaluations for teachers and other school personnel and use the resultin data to inform the continuous improvement of teacher preparation in Wisconsin.
- Advocate for the placement of highly qualified, fully prepared teachers in all classrooms in the state, especially in the classrooms serving the state’s most vulnerable children.
- Promote the development of world class PK-16 education in the state of Wisconsin.